Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
for NK Fencing Ltd
NK Fencing Ltd is a member of the NK Group. Established in 1980, the company is quality assured to ISO 9001:2015 and is an equal Opportunities Employer. The Group has subsidiaries and branches throughout the UK and Ireland, employing in excess of 100 people, providing the construction industry with quality products and service.
The company wishes to appoint a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (based at our Carrickfergus Headquarters) to complete the Engineering Maintenance programme to include a periodic requirement to work on client premises installing and maintaining automated gate systems.
To maintain all plant at our headquarters and other machinery as specified across group locations in prime working condition through following a planned daily maintenance programme and by reacting to emergency breakdown situations.
To install new automated gate and barrier systems at customer locations and maintain them through following a planned routine service schedule and by reacting to emergency breakdown situations
The person will also carry out all other duties as detailed by management, including completing associated maintenance documentation, and risk assessments to ensure the smooth running of the Group Maintenance utility.
* It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have successfully completed an NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering / electrical maintenance or time served electrical engineer or equivalent
* At least 5 years working in electrical and mechanical maintenance
* Holds a valid UK driving licence.
* City and Guilds electrical installation or testing certificate or equivalent
* Exposure to working in an ISO environment and NICEIC contractor registration would also be highly advantageous.
* 3 years experience working with automation systems
* IOSH accredited Automation training, e.g. camesafe, Door and Hardware Federation
* Experience in pneumatics and hydraulics, PLC programming and robotic system set-up or overhead crane maintenance would be a benefit.
* Knowledge of current machinery directive
* Knowledge of carrying out force testing to automated gates
* Knowledge of risk assessments to existing and newly installed automated gates and access control systems.
* 3 years experience installing, maintaining and fault finding hydraulic control systems
* Valid CSR Card
To benefit from a promising career opportunity with a dynamic local company, please phone 028 93 351172 for an application form and ask for Teresa on ext. 1155. Completed forms should be returned no later than 15:30 p.m. on Friday 8th November 2019 to
The Monitoring Officer
NK Fencing Limited
40 Trailcock Road
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled.