Fabrication Engineering Apprentice
The Company wishes to appoint a Fabrication Engineering Apprentice to join our existing team.
In becoming a Fabrication Engineering Tradesperson, you will excel if you have a technical mindset and possess interest towards construction and engineering. You should be a patient person and capable of applying safety practices. You should be able to work individually and in a team.
All training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate reaches the highest level of performance.
Key responsibility areas:
- Examining and understanding detailed drawings or specification to determine the required materials and equipments for the job.
- Cutting, rolling, shaping, heating or hammering metal products to produce parts.
- Utilising various equipments such as hand and machine tools, welding equipment and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines.
- Utilising various techniques for assembling fabrication parts and structures.
- Aligning and fixing pieces together through welding, bolting or riveting.
- Adding finishing touches to products through cleaning, polishing, filing or applying protective or decorative finishes.
It is essential that the successful candidate will have:
- 3 GCSE’s Grade A-C to include Maths and English (or equivalent).
- A basic level of computer literacy required.
- Enjoy technical activities
- Interested in computer programmable machinery
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Patient and safety conscious
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, ability to work as part of a team, ability to use initiative.
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative. Able to work flexibly in conjunction with other staff.
- You must be punctual and reliable,
- Will be required to undergo regular drug and alcohol testing.
- Available to work overtime including some Saturday mornings.
It is desirable that the successful candidate may have:
- GCSE Grade A – C in a technical or design subject.
- Experience or understanding of health and safety rules and regulations.
- Experience of welding, cutting or assembling metalwork
- Knowledge of welding or metal working
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to complete projects under direction
- Access to either public or personal transport to and from work
To benefit from a promising career opportunity with a dynamic and developing local company, please phone 028 93 351172 for an application form and ask for Simon Ferguson on ext. 123. Completed forms should be returned no later than 4.30 pm on Monday 1st July 2019 to:
The Monitoring Officer
NK Fencing Limited
40 Trailcock Road
NK Fencing Ltd, is an equal opportunities employer, we will not discriminate against any person or group of people on the grounds of sex, marital status, race, disability, colour, religious belief and / or political opinion, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origins, family circumstances, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or age.